Deco calculation for repetitive dive - strange effect

Robert Helling helling at atdotde.de
Tue Feb 7 00:25:02 PST 2017

> On 07 Feb 2017, at 09:09, Rick Walsh <rickmwalsh at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> That quirk is indeed odd.  I can see how it could have this unexpected effect, but are you sure that's the entire cause?  I found no change at all when the surface interval was in the range 10min to 47hr.  Surely there ought to be some variation with surface interval, even if the smaller "crushing radius" remains.

Hi Rick,

here is what I did. This patch (NOT for master!) prints all kinds of debug information. And it introduces a function clear_vpmb_state(). Currently, there, resetting the maximal crushing pressure is commented out. Once you enable these two lines, the oddity goes away (this is called after the previous dive is evaluated for the deco).

In the model, there is a regeneration of the crushing radius, but it has this ridiculous half-time of two weeks. And even if we make this shorter, it does not influence the oddity, that doing a dive in the previous 48h (even when the actual tissue loadings have gone back to normal for all practical purposes) you get out of the water faster rather than slower.

I think the conclusion once more should be that people should not trust this model as it is crazy.

Best
Robert