Subsurface deco calculations

Miika Turkia miika.turkia at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 20:01:36 PST 2017

On Thu, Feb 9, 2017 at 7:09 AM, Linus Torvalds
> On Wed, Feb 8, 2017 at 2:39 PM, Linus Torvalds
> <torvalds at linux-foundation.org> wrote:
>>
>> Why? We also do equipment merges not just across dive computers, but
>> when you merge two consecutive dives into one dive with a surface
>> interval.
>>
>> So then we'd need to have some other logic fir that case.
>
> Naah, let's just say that if you want those cylinders to be merged,
> you'd better make sure that the first one lacks and end pressure, and
> the second one lacks a starting pressure.
>
> Most people won't have added those in-between pressures anyway if they
> really want to consider it a single dive. And if you had an
> air-integrated computer, this is a non-issue. If you were really just
> bobbing up-and-down on the surface for a while (which is why you want
> to merge the two parts into one dive), you wouldn't have recorded
> those intermediate pressures anyway.
>
> I've pushed out my branch and made a github pull request for people. I
> still encourage people to take a look, but it seems to handle both
> Miika's and Willem's cases just fine, and it passes my "looks sane"
> test.
>
> But maybe I did something stupid.

My original order of downloading seems to work now fine. However, if I
first download from the OSTC and after that from air integrated Vyper,
I end up with two cylinders in the used equipment tab, one with air
the other with 32% mix. It still seems that only the Nitrox one is
being used. With a quick look in the xml (attached) I do not spot why
the air cylinder is considered as used.

BTW what is the flags in the event tag?

  <event time='0:02 min' type='25' flags='2' name='gaschange'
cylinder='1' o2='32.0%' />
  <event time='0:00 min' type='25' flags='1' name='gaschange'
cylinder='1' o2='32.0%' />

miika