subsurface crash when merging .xml files

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Thu Feb 16 09:02:55 PST 2017

On Thu, Feb 16, 2017 at 8:40 AM, Alessandro Volpi <volpial at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have reported the bug at 00:25 UTC.  You have located the bug and released
> the patch at 01:10 UTC !
>
> I have never seen something like that in my life  ... and I am 64 years old

Don't get _too_ used to it. It doesn't always work quite that well -
and not just because the developers may end up being busy doing other
things.

What really helped was that you had a good report and a repeatable
test-case that you made available so that developers could trivially
reproduce the problem.

The bugs are much harder to fix when they aren't that well-behaved and
the bug reports aren't so clear. So you should take credit for making
it easy to fix.

And obviously it would be good if you can also verify that everything
else looks good after the merge with the new daily build.

And as I wrote that, I just realized that I don't even know if there
are daily Appimage builds - they're not in the downloads/daily
directory.  Dirk, where do you put them these days?

            Linus