subsurface crash when merging .xml files

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Thu Feb 16 10:57:05 PST 2017

On Thu, Feb 16, 2017 at 09:02:55AM -0800, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 16, 2017 at 8:40 AM, Alessandro Volpi <volpial at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I have reported the bug at 00:25 UTC.  You have located the bug and released
> > the patch at 01:10 UTC !
> >
> > I have never seen something like that in my life  ... and I am 64 years old
>
> Don't get _too_ used to it. It doesn't always work quite that well -
> and not just because the developers may end up being busy doing other
> things.
>
> What really helped was that you had a good report and a repeatable
> test-case that you made available so that developers could trivially
> reproduce the problem.
>
> The bugs are much harder to fix when they aren't that well-behaved and
> the bug reports aren't so clear. So you should take credit for making
> it easy to fix.
>
> And obviously it would be good if you can also verify that everything
> else looks good after the merge with the new daily build.
>
> And as I wrote that, I just realized that I don't even know if there
> are daily Appimage builds - they're not in the downloads/daily
> directory.  Dirk, where do you put them these days?

I love the term 'daily' builds because they are anything but - but of
course it's the term that I'm using, so we know whom to blame. These
builds are usually triggered in three separate waves. Windows and
Ubuntu/OBS first, then Mac, then AppImage. And yesterday I forgot to
trigger the AppImage. I just did that, it will take a few minutes to
complete and upload it, but it should show up soon at
https://subsurface-divelog.org/downloads/daily