Subsurface-4.6.1.4-x86_64.AppImage

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Fri Feb 17 12:55:25 PST 2017

On Fri, Feb 17, 2017 at 11:52 AM, Alessandro Volpi <volpial at gmail.com> wrote:
> In my last message I said that the AppImage was working in Fedora 24, except
> for some details related to font issues. That is not correct. In practice
> the AppImage succeeds in producing good dive list and dive profile plots.
> The problem is that the main menu lists are empty !  Clicking on the empty
> space the required action is indeed executed.

Ok, I can't help you with the UI parts (they are likely about some
Appimage issue anyway). But:

> I have also changed the date of the fake dive from 01/01/1900 to 01/01990.
> Now the fake dive is the first of the list, as it should be .

So we don't handle dates before 1904 correctly (why 1904? It's a
leap-year issue: the year 1900 is "odd" and is *not* a leap-year
despite the usual divisible-by-four, so our internal date handling is
basically limited to 1904..2099 because it takes shortcuts).

But to make matters worse, the divelist sorting was broken for
anything before 1970 (which is our base "epoch"). It used an unsigned
64-bit comparison for sortng, it should be signed.

I'll make a pull request for Dirk, because we *should* allow dives before 1970.

But in the meantime, yeah, use 1970+ as a base date for testing.

              Linus