Signing the AppImage?

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sat Feb 18 13:32:14 PST 2017

On Sat, Feb 18, 2017 at 10:13:13PM +0100, Lutz Vieweg wrote:
> Hi,
>
> now that according to
> https://github.com/probonopd/AppImageKit/issues/238#issuecomment-249440958
> AppImage does support signing AppImages with GPG keys, could
> that be done with the Subsurface AppImage?
>
> Would be a great way to keep malicious 3rd-parties from tampering
> with the distributed binaries.

In my infinite spare time I will add this to the list of things to do.

I finally have the website translations play nicely with the GitHub repo
(I hope). And I have half a dozen of enhancements and bug fixes on my todo
list as well. Not sure how high this is in the priority, TBH. Our Windows
binaries aren't signed and they are used by a lot more people...