print stylesheet

Stefan Fuchs sfuchs at gmx.de
Mon Feb 20 12:37:42 PST 2017

Hello Lubomir,

Am 20.02.2017 um 20:28 schrieb Lubomir I. Ivanov:
> hello,
>
> On 20 February 2017 at 20:35, Stefan Fuchs <sfuchs at gmx.de> wrote:
>> Ohoh... it was so clear that sooner or later I will be punished by some
>> strange effect(s) for being a little bit too over-motivated and changing
>> things where I have no experience... ;-(
>>
> it's probably not a good idea to modify the HTML entry in the .ui file
> for the QTextEdit because QtCreator will overwrite it once you attempt
> to edit it again.
Yes, I think you are right. I told Dirk already that this is the change
we should undo first.

> i think the HTML is there for a reason, but i cannot explain the
> differences you and Dirk observe.
>
> in terms of adding control for the printed planner details font, here
> is my go at it (patch attached) - i.e. this is what i think is the
> *correct* way to approach the problem.
> please, read the patch description and test it to see if it fits your needs.
I understand what your solution is doing and I quickly build a Windows
version with your patch. I was thinking about this solution already before.
But it has from my point of view one and a half disadvantages:
- Ctrl-mousewheel zoom again doesn't work. And I really started to like
this feature both for display and printing :-)
- It is simply more then needed. My understanding is that if one does it
correctly Qt takes care about changing the font and font size w/o the
need to trigger/submit the change to every object.

> also, i don't exactly understand the zoom issue mentioned in your pull-request.
With my latest implementation there was no zoom issue any more. Zoom
always works fine. Maybe you are referring to the initial version of my
pull request before I did an update?

I try to update my Ubuntu to Qt 5.8 currently. Let's see if I can
duplicate Dirk's result.

Best regards
Stefan

--