translations again

Robert Helling helling at atdotde.de
Tue Feb 21 13:34:55 PST 2017

Dirk,

> On 21 Feb 2017, at 22:28, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
>
> The question becomes: should I leave Transifex source strings unchanged,
> create a 4.6 branch, cherry pick the hand full of bug fixes in master that
> came in since 4.6.2 (three commits from Linus, a couple from Robert, one
> from Jan) and create a 4.6.3 based on that? Or should I push the updated /
> improved strings that we have in master to Transifex (which means ALL the
> languages will have to do more work in order to get back to 100%) and
> stick with releasing master.  Realistically I think that would mean
> pushing 4.6.3 out to happen in March in order to give people enough time
> to work on that.
>
> Thoughts? Preferences?

what are those strings? You should at least include the event names that were added today as those are not new strings but only strings newly marked for translation (so the current situation is that all users see the English event names which could only improve and even if some language does not translate we do not fall behind the status quo). I think we are pretty save including everything we have.

Just my $.02
Robert