keyboard shortcuts

Miika Turkia miika.turkia at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 03:31:53 PST 2017

On Wed, Feb 22, 2017 at 1:10 PM, Robert Helling <helling at atdotde.de> wrote:
> Jan,
>
> On 22.02.2017, at 11:58, Jan Mulder <jlmulder at xs4all.nl> wrote:
>
> Like other functions that can be accessed via the Main Menu, these options
> can also be triggered using keyboard shortcuts. The shortcuts for a
> particular system are shown with an underline in the main menu entries.
> Since different Operating Systems and the user’s chosen language may cause
> Subsurface to use different shortcut keys, they are not listed in this user
> manual.
>

> This is definitely not true in the current master (checked on Linux and
> Windows 7). However, in the menus, keyboard shortcuts are printed for often
> used functions. So, what I'm unsure about, is this an error in de manual or
> in the code?
>

> I do not completely understand your question. Is your statement there are
> underlines in the menu and the manual is silent about shortcuts?

On my Ubuntu, the menu items indicate the shortcut by underlining the
appropriate character. Within the menu, the shortcuts are given in the
form: ctrl+i (for import).

> These shortcuts are one thing that I continuously keep forgetting to look
> into: I have the impression that at least on Mac, the shortcuts disappear
> when running Subsurface in German. Unfortunately, changing language settings
> on Mac needs a reboot. So I cannot simply check… Has anybody else
> encountered this? And what could be the reason?

The menu shortcut is indicated with an ampersand in the source code
and might well be missing from translations. However, in German it
they seem to be mostly present when running on LInux (following works
on Linux to switch language: LANGUAGE=de_DE subsurface)

miika