smtk2ssrf_test.AppImage: further testing

Alessandro Volpi volpial at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 13:04:52 PST 2017

Dear Salva,

I have tried once again to build subsurface and smtk2ssrf from the sources;
once more I did not succeed in completing the build.

I tried with Fedora 24, after having installed the hitherto missing package
libgit2-devel ; the reeason for the failure
can be found in file build.log :

In file included from /home/ale/src/subsurface/smtk-import/smartrak.c:32:0:
----
/home/ale/src/subsurface/./core/dive.h:20:0: warning: "MAX" redefined
 #define MAX(x, y) ({                \

In file included from /usr/lib64/glib-2.0/include/glibconfig.h:9:0,
                 from /usr/include/glib-2.0/glib/gtypes.h:32,
                 from /usr/include/glib-2.0/glib/galloca.h:32,
                 from /usr/include/glib-2.0/glib.h:30,
                 from /usr/include/mdbtools.h:33,
                 from /home/ale/src/subsurface/smtk-import/smartrak.c:28:
/usr/include/glib-2.0/glib/gmacros.h:288:0: note: this is the location of
the previous definition
 #define MAX(a, b)  (((a) > (b)) ? (a) : (b))
----
----
"CMakeFiles/smtk2ssrf.dir/build.make:247: recipe for target 'smtk2ssrf'
failed make[2]: *** [smtk2ssrf] Error 1"
----
BTW I do not understand why the usual MAX(x,y) macro should be redefined ...

I tried also with Ubuntu xenial; here the reason for the falure seems to be
a missing package; I guess a source package ...

The relevant files with the logs of the build trials can be found at the
followin URL:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/p10ri3322hrgtih/AACvIEqNFhlzpeVZMSV9NSpra?dl=0

Very best regards.

Alessandro