smtk2ssrf_test.AppImage: further testing

Alessandro Volpi volpial at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 16:16:17 PST 2017

I have run 10 times the new smtk2ssrf_4.6.2-33-
g14971e912875_x86_64-20170224.AppImage on Fedora 24.

The 10 output files ( from smtk0.xml to smtk9.xml ) ARE IDENTICAL  ... AT
LAST.

Please see files : smtk0 terminal_out.txt  and smtk0_import_log .

This is GOOD NEWS and I am very glad about it.  On the other hand there are
still some secondary issues to be ironed out.

The new APPImage complains about wrong libraries  ( QGtkStyle could not
resolve GTK. Make sure you have installed the proper libraries ). This
happens when the program is launched as a GUI application and also when it
is launched from the command line. Surprisingly it works ONLY as a GUI
program. When launched from the command line it does not produce any output
file. (I have checked with updatedb : locate smtk_cli.xml). The terminal
output file is smtk_cli_terminal_out .

BTW, in my past testing session I was never able to find the import log
when using the command line version. The only way to get such a log was to
use the GUI version, copy the contents of the import window and pasting
them into a GVIM window ...

I have not yet checked the smtk0.xml file with subsurface . I will do that
next week, comparing the .xml file with the original dive_log.slg file .
Please note that dive_log.slg file is slightly different then its older
versions, since I have amended some other misspellings.

The above mentioned files are collected in directory
"testing_smtk2ssrf_4.6.2-33_on_F24" at URL :
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cvtjbg6n5f4dmfy/AADSUdZPgjbPtWil57JWKOOla?dl=0

Very best regards

Alessandro