Request for information for user manual

Miika Turkia miika.turkia at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 08:05:04 PST 2017

On Wed, Jan 4, 2017 at 8:40 AM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:

>> On Jan 3, 2017, at 10:01 PM, Willem Ferguson <willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za> wrote:
>>
>> I am doing  few changes to the user manual to be ready for the release of V4.6. A few issues:
>>
>> 1) In the dive log import dialog, the SmartTrak and AV1 formats are not listed. How would one import these two formats?
>
> Miika?

AV1 is available in the CSV Import dialog. The last item on the list
if you open up the top left pulldown menu.

I am not sure about what the end result of the smart trak import was,
but I believe we ended up with an external application (MS Access
database)

http://lists.subsurface-divelog.org/pipermail/subsurface/2015-November/thread.html#23230

>> 2) I see DAN DL7 is listed in the dive log import dialog. Please give me a bit of contextual information about this. Why and how did the need for this arise? This will help me to write a short explanation in the user manual.

Cannot really remember what was the trigger to implement DL7 import. I
was able to find following discussion from my mail archive, that might
have affected it:

https://groups.google.com/forum/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer#!msg/subsurface-divelog/Lx4BTgN0PIU/KWF5_dYEAwAJ

miika