Request for information for user manual: SmartTrac

Pedro Neves nevesdiver at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 03:37:26 PST 2017

On 05-01-2017 09:17, Willem Ferguson wrote:
> Does anyone have any information about this? It is listed as a new
> feature of Subsurface V4.6 Beta V1.

Hi Willem:

I know Salvador contributed with some code for an external application
that imports .slg files and converts them to Subsurface logboook format.
I've used a few months ago to import old files that I had laying around.

IIRC, it was decided to keep this code as a separate application because
its compilation requires the use of libmdb. Last time I've used it, I
had to apply two of Salva's patches that weren't on our master (I
haven't tried to compile it again, so I don't know whether it works out
of the box or not). To me it's a very useful piece of code
(Uwatec/Scubapro Aladin's line of dive computers is very popular in
Portugal) and I don't mind trying to compile it are write something
about it for the manual, if you think it's useful.

All the best:

Pedro