Tissue Saturation Graph not showing on second dive

Robert Helling helling at atdotde.de
Thu Jan 5 08:00:50 PST 2017

Hi,

> On 05 Jan 2017, at 16:48, Robert Helling <helling at atdotde.de> wrote:
>
> or to be more specific: It seems to me that SettingsObjectWrapper::sync() never gets called. And the reason for that might be that there is no call for it anywhere in the codeā€¦

and there is another problem: There seems to be a total confusion between

prefs.deco_mode

and

prefs.display_deco_mode.

The current state is utter non-sense. Tomas, (according to git blame you introduced the latter) could you please explain the meaning of the two and in particular their difference?

Here is my guess: There are two, because one is set in the preferences while the other is a planner parameter. They do the same thing but when chaining the value in the planner, the display of logged dives should not be affected.

So my suggestion would be to resolve this as follows: Rename deco_mode to planner_deco_mode. In all the code, when we need to inquire the current deco mode, we replace the access to the value by a getter that essentially does

currentState == PLAN ? prefs.planner_deco_mode : prefs.display_deco_mode;

What do you think?

Best
Robert