still Beta 2

Rick Walsh rickmwalsh at gmail.com
Sat Jan 7 20:53:32 PST 2017

On 8 January 2017 at 14:59, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:

> On Jan 7, 2017, at 3:10 PM, Rick Walsh <rickmwalsh at gmail.com> wrote:
> I successfully and painlessly downloaded the dive from my Petrel 2
> (Bluetooth) on Fedora 25 using latest master.
>

> Good.
>
> I also downloaded several dives from my Hollis DG03 (USB, with
> oceanic_atom2 protocol) backup computer, after following the user manual
> instructions to add myself to the dailout group so I had permissions to
> access the USB device - evidently the last time I downloaded from the DG03
> was before I updated the system to Fedora 25 and reset my user
> permissions.  As previously, warnings/violations are downloaded from the
> DG03, but they never had been.
>

> I assume there's a typo in that last sentence and it's supposed to say
> that the warning/violations have NOT been downloaded from the DG03.

Yes, I meant to say the warnings/violations were not downloaded.

> Have you ever talked to Jef about this? Because I'm sure he'd be willing
> to help figure this out.
>
> I haven't, mostly because it's my backup computer, so I don't care
personally, but I suppose it would be good for completeness.  I downloaded
the dives with the Hollis software, and the ceiling and deco time are
recorded there, as well as the dive being tagged as "violation", so the
computer is capable of transferring the data.  I'll send Jef an email
directly.

  I forgot to set it to gauge mode before the dive, and didn't switch
gasses on that computer, so it thinks I'm bent.

I know that feeling. As I always dive with multiple computers, when also
diving multiple gases, that is a bit of a pain.

> I downloaded and installed 4.6 beta 2 on Windows 10, after downloading and
> installing 4.5.6 to confirm I get the notification about the new beta when
> checking for updates from the help menu (it works, but a clickable download
> link or update button would be even nicer).  Both dive computers downloaded
> fine on Windows.  Also, the update notification from the beta 2, tells me
> I'm running the latest version and the latest release is 4.5.6.
>

> Yep, as it should.
>
> My other "testing" included:
> - Dive planning on both Windows and Linux
> - Merging the real dive with the plan (on Linux), so the profile is
> displayed as different dive computers.
> - Entering basic dive details - buddy, location, rating, visibility,
> cylinder details (mixes downloaded from Petrel 2)
> - Save to cloud (on Linux)
>

> All encouraging!
>
> That all worked fine.  I noticed when viewing the dive details on
> cloud.subsurface-divelog.org, the dive notes show all the html tags.  Can
> this be fixed in the cloud backend?
>

> And again, I can't reproduce that :-(

The notes are formatted as html because the dive was merged with a planned
dive.  Maybe try reproducing like that.
If it helps and you are able, you have my permission to access my cloud
account.  It's my most recent dive, 7 January 2017.  Alternatively, I can
export the log and send it to you.

Cheers,

Rick