still Beta 2

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sun Jan 8 09:33:44 PST 2017

> On Jan 8, 2017, at 8:02 AM, Richard DePas <richard.depas at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Sat, Jan 7, 2017 at 8:33 AM Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org <mailto:dirk at hohndel.org>> wrote:
> ...could you test things like printing, Facebook connection, upload/download from Divelogs.de, connection to the Subsurface cloud, the Subsurface web service (for GPS locations), overall UI interactions, etc?
>
> Facebook sharing is working fine. Guess if I had to suggest one thing is that when one of the ckeckbox options is chosen, it doesn't wipe out what has been typed in the box to the right manually. I thought it would append and not wipe out my comments.

It's pretty hard to do that right. Because we'd have to figure out which of the text
is ours, which is your, and how to merge them. Think about a "just append"
version... and then the user clicks a few options on and off and on and off.
So that clearly isn't a good solution... what we do now is maybe slightly annoying,
but at least it gives you easy to understand results. And give how little that feature
appears to be used (we get maybe a handful of hits on the FB API a week), I
don't want to invest too much work into it.

> I cannot find an option to upload to Divelogs.de. I see the option to import from, but no way to save/export to.
>
> Connection to Subsurface cloud appears to be working well. I was able to access all my dives through the web service. Only anomaly I noticed is all values are Imperial except for temperature.

Hmm. Interesting. I noticed some oddities with units as well, but didn't follow up.
It should pick the units you used the last time you saved to the cloud. Could
someone play with this and try to figure out the pattern of what it's getting wrong?

> I use Imperial in Subsurface desktop. GPS locations are being saved fine and bring up Google Maps when clicked on.
>
> UI interactions are working as expected. I haven't been taking pictures lately. Not able to test that functionality.
>
> Printing is working. Little nit-picky is the drop down menu when selecting the layout, it would make a little more logical sense to display One Dive, Two Dives, Six Dives,... in sequential order.

That's alphabetical, isn't it?