Building Subsurface-mobile

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Mon Jan 9 10:00:38 PST 2017

> On Jan 9, 2017, at 6:28 AM, Anton Lundin <glance at acc.umu.se> wrote:
>
> On 09 January, 2017 - Dirk Hohndel wrote:
>
>> I wonder if we could reasonably script that part as well? So that on a Ubuntu or Fedora it's really just running a single script that installs and grabs everything you need...
>
> I did most of it in my old travis-ci builds:
>
> https://github.com/glance-/subsurface/blob/master_travis_android/.travis.yml
>

> The android sdk is a bit more "messy" to script, but it can be done.
>

> But, really, I feel that the "value" is diminishing. Fine, one can
> motivate it if its going to be used in ex. A ci enviorment.
>

> I'm not picking on Willem, I'm just stating that its a pretty messy.

This isn't about Willem. It's about what I consider our responsibilities
under the GPL/LGPL based on creating AppStore applications. I really
want to make sure that people can easily recreate the apps and switch
out libraries - as the license requires.

I knew that you had done some work to work on even more automation,
and so I figured I'd ask if you had something - that's all.