Request for information: dive list context menu

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Tue Jan 10 23:07:39 PST 2017

> On Jan 10, 2017, at 12:01 AM, Willem Ferguson <willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za> wrote:
>
> I am running a number of tests on the latest master, going through all the dive list manipulations in the *dive list context menu*. There is one option in the dive list context menu (right-click on dive) that I have not seen before "Split selected dives".
>
> What does this do?
>
> I think I asked this question before and did not get a response.

Sorry. Here's the relevant comment from the sources

/*
 * Try to split a dive into multiple dives at a surface interval point.
 *
 * NOTE! We will not split dives with multiple dive computers, and
 * only split when there is at least one surface event that has
 * non-surface events on both sides.
 *
 * In other words, this is a (simplified) reversal of the dive merging.
 */

So if your dive computer didn't start a new dive when you quickly went up, changed cylinders and went back down (and you want this to be seen as two dives), you use this and it will create two dives for you. Not a very commonly used feature, for sure.