Import photos from web

Robert Helling helling at atdotde.de
Wed Jan 11 01:34:52 PST 2017

Hi,

finally I got around to look at this again.

> On 10 Jan 2017, at 09:27, Willem Ferguson <willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za> wrote:
>
> I am testing all the options in the dive list context menu.
>
> If one imports photos from the Web, it asks for a URL. I provide a URL to a dropbox directory with photos taken during that dive. Then I hit the Ok button and nothing happens, except that the dialog is closed. I would have expected the usual dialog as when importing photos from hard disk. What is the precise procedure?

This, unfortunately, is not how it (currently) works: So far, you need the URL of the actual image (not a html page that contains images), something like http://example.com/myimage.jpg
Then the dialog closes and after the image is retrieved, the usual dialog as you call it should open. If the download fails or does not produce a recognisable image, then unfortunately it simply does nothing. We should display an error messageā€¦

Best
Robert