Appimage chdir'ing so relative paths doesn't work

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sat Jan 14 08:44:40 PST 2017

On Sat, Jan 14, 2017 at 01:32:15PM +0100, probono wrote:
> > I've played around with this for a bit and it's actually quite a bit more
> > complicated than that. All the paths in AppRun.c are currently relative
> > paths - so this needs a bit of work that goes beyond "just don't do that
> > chdir".
>
> Did you try this one?
> https://github.com/probonopd/AppImageKit/blob/appimagetool/master/AppRun.c
> This is the recent one.

I keep trying to stay current with the different repos that are part of
AppImages, but since your Subsurface recipe doesn't work at all at this
point (and hasn't in quite a while) I stopped updating at some point. So
when trying to get this to work I fixed whatever was in that version
instead.

I guess I should check out a new version, try to re-create all the changes
that I had to make to the Recipe over time - but frankly, given that I
want to cut a release this weekend, I think I'll do that post 4.6