AppImage of scubapro SmartTrak import tool

Willem Ferguson willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za
Mon Jan 16 22:05:25 PST 2017

Would it require a lot of time to create an AppImage of this tool? As
far as I can make out, it is built as a special case of the "normal"
Subsurface build, the main difference being the requirement for two
additional libraries. I cannot see that this AppImage build would need
any real maintenance because the regular updates and patches to
Subsurface are unlikely to affect the import process (unless of course
the xml/ssrf format itself changes). One could simply call this AppImage
something like smtk2ssrf_v4.6 so that we know it was derived from
Subsurface v4.6. Am I being naïve?

Kind regards,

willem