website improvements and translations

Federico Masias fede at masias.net
Fri Jan 20 12:17:32 PST 2017

The github solution works fairly well, I think. The biggest issue is
guessing at how it will appear on the website. for example, I'd love to
re-organize the FAQs... maybe by OS, maybe by something else, but I'm not
sure how/if nested collapsing menus would work for this, or they'd have to
be set up under different headers. There's no real way for me to test this.

However, I know firsthand that adding multiple people to WordPress is a
pain in the ass to manage. Plus, how do you vet a new contributor for the
first few times, and at what point are they given edit access?

I wonder if its possible to have a sandbox installation somewhere with the
current theme to play with, and a public (to contributors, anyways)
author/editor account? I might even have space to host it if need be.

On the translation side, I'm only proficient enough to do Spanish, and
Salva has that covered very well, so I don't really have anything to add
for that.

Oh, also, I'm fezzington.

-Federico