website improvements and translations

Federico Masias fede at masias.net
Fri Jan 20 21:57:04 PST 2017

On Fri, Jan 20, 2017 at 2:24 PM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:

> I can give you access to the WordPress site - the problem is that I have
> never bothered to do a test site (actually, I did have one and that fell
> apart). Maybe I need to go back and do that so I can give you something to
> play with without destroying the production site by mistake... :-)

Hmm, that makes sense. I know keeping a sandbox updated is a pain, and
there's really no good scripts to keep it current once you get past the
first copy. On other sites, I tend to use unpublished posts/pages as needed
to test layout before publishing -- there's not a whole lot that can go
wrong that way.

But yeah, access might incentivize me to do a bit more work on the website.
Speaking of which, I'll send an email in a bit with ideas on that.

> The goal with the github repo was to make it less necessary for people to
> access WordPress directly...

It certainly made it more accessible for me to begin contributing (and thus
pick up a larger interest in the project). But at some point, I think
access would be more useful for someone already used to wordpress.

-Federico