update on Android and Kirigami 2

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Fri Jan 20 22:14:41 PST 2017

Since I clearly don't know when to stop...

https://github.com/Subsurface-divelog/subsurface/commits/android-kirigami2
containas my attempt at two things
a) port our QML UI to Kirigami 2
   For tthose things where I could find how to modify them, I did that.
   For the rest, I added a WIP commit that just comments them out
b) add a script that allows a clean start on a Linux system to create an
   Android build, with an attempt to help the user install the missing
   pieces. This doesn't seem perfect and I'd love to have some others take
   a look to try to get thisss to the point where it includes a list of
   all the dependencies and allows someone with a fresh Ubuntu or
   something lllike that to build a working Android binary

   For reasons I haven't managed to figure out, a binary created with this
   script right now fails to start because it cannot find libcrypto.so.1.0.0
   yet I get this:
   $ jar -tvf ./subsurface-mobile-build-arm/bin/QtApp-debug.apk | grep libcrypto
   1857276 Fri Jan 20 21:57:42 PST 2017 lib/armeabi-v7a/libcrypto.so

I'm calling it a day - if someone (Tomaz? Anton? Anyone?) wants to poke at
this, any help is welcome.

Read subsurface/scripts/android-build.sh which tries to get the Qt
installer but asks you to download the two Android zip files because for
those direct links don't appear to work because of click-through licenses.
It then should set things up, and call the existing
packaging/android/build.sh file (I guess I could have just edited that
file - but I seem to remember that Anton uses it for Desktop builds as
well and didn't want to break things for him). At the end you should have
an installable APK at subsurface-mobile-build-arm/bin/QtApp-debug.apk
which you cannn then install to your device with
adb install -r subsurface-mobile-build-arm/bin/QtApp-debug.apk