website improvements and translations

Salvador Cuñat salvador.cunat at gmail.com
Sat Jan 21 00:22:34 PST 2017

Good morning.

On Fri, Jan 20, 2017 at 12:24:48PM -0800, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 20, 2017 at 08:17:32PM +0000, Federico Masias wrote:
> > The github solution works fairly well, I think.

I love it. Keeping track of changes in main english pages is as simple
as "git log". On the opposite, even if Dirk notifies a change in the
english page, one have to compare both versions to work the
translation.  Still, I think the reason some translations have
diverged so much has been changes in english page going unnoticed, in
the first.

> The other person deleted things by mistake which I was able to restore
> from backups.

Jejeje, this was probably me. I can remember twice, one with the old
page and then another with the Divi thing.

In the end, both solutions should be working paralell, github for
tracking modifications and frequent updates, and page access for new
pages (announcements and so) and general design tasks (with Divi).

Regards

Salva