update on Android and Kirigami 2

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sat Jan 21 06:40:51 PST 2017

On Sat, Jan 21, 2017 at 06:02:07AM -0800, Dirk Hohndel wrote:

> > Its libssl.so fault. It linked to the soname, libcrypto.so.1.0.0. I
> > fixed it with some vim -b and replaced the dot before the 1 with a null.
>
> Fun. That should be easy to script, though.

That's implemented, with that the script in the android-kirigami2 branch
does produce an APK that installs and starts on my phone. Mind you, I
can't get the keyboard to show in order to enter email/password, but hey,
it's progress.

> > > Read subsurface/scripts/android-build.sh which tries to get the Qt
> > > installer but asks you to download the two Android zip files because for
> > > those direct links don't appear to work because of click-through licenses.
> > > It then should set things up, and call the existing
> > > packaging/android/build.sh file (I guess I could have just edited that
> > > file - but I seem to remember that Anton uses it for Desktop builds as
> > > well and didn't want to break things for him). At the end you should have
> > > an installable APK at subsurface-mobile-build-arm/bin/QtApp-debug.apk
> > > which you cannn then install to your device with
> > > adb install -r subsurface-mobile-build-arm/bin/QtApp-debug.apk
> >
> > I'll take a look at it.

Any feedback / patches are welcome. I'll hack on this for another hour
this morning before the rest of my family wakes up.