Subsurface Planner: feature request

Anton Lundin glance at acc.umu.se
Sat Jan 21 07:53:04 PST 2017

On 21 January, 2017 - Robert C. Helling wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > Am 21.01.2017 um 13:28 schrieb Rick Walsh <rickmwalsh at gmail.com>:
> >
> > set the switch depth of the deco gas to either deeper than the max depth of the dive (so you never switch to it), or very shallow (0.1m, so it has negligible effect on the plan).
>
> Alternatively, you first plan the dive with all gases, save and then re-edit the dive in planner, where you delete a cylinder. For the next cylinder, "save a copy" and then re-edit the original dive again.

I would love to see a simple way to switch between combinations of deco
gases. Its quite a few times I'm wondering its it worth it to carry the
100%, 50% or what happens of we start with a 21/35 and so on.

I think it needs to be easy to do changes on the plan and see how that
affects the dive. What happens if we over stay 5 minutes? What happens
if its 5m deeper?

I like the current planner, but for doing such small and simple
experiments it feels a bit clunky.

The possibility to "deactivate" gases would probably be a step in te
right direction. If its a check box, double-click or whatever, I really
don't know, but I'm all for the feature.

//Anton

--
Anton Lundin	+46702-161604