Subsurface 4.7 / 5.0

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sat Jan 21 11:29:48 PST 2017

> On Jan 21, 2017, at 11:05 AM, Anton Lundin <glance at acc.umu.se> wrote:
> I've bin playing with https://home-assistant.io/ a bit, and they are
> using a modern web-app as their frontend. It works okay-ish on mobile,
> and thats good enough for those needs, so I'd say for more limited
> applications, html5 / service-worker / manifest.json is a viable
> cross-platform option, but if you'd like butter smooth and great, native
> is the way to go still.

I don't know, I want something that more than one person contributes to.
So I'm happy to have a Java Android app at this point. Assuming we have
at least three developers who have done this before, are willing to help me
get the infrastructure set up and get me over the hump to be able to build
and maintain that, and are willing and able to commit sufficient time to do
this. Another start with one developer who gets distracted by something
else after six months isn't going to help us, then I'd rather keep messing
with the QML app.

And anyway, I'd really, really, really, REALLY appreciate some help from
those who have braved QML to get the current app to be able to ship an
updated version that fixes some of the glaring bugs.

Of course, the alternative is to just say "FUCK Kirigami 2" (given that we
are planning to abandon that failed direction, apparently) and change our
script to checkout Kirigami 1 and simply try and release a new version
based on that.

Come to think of, I think that's what I'll do.