OzTek 2017

Jef Driesen jef at libdivecomputer.org
Sun Jan 22 11:52:47 PST 2017

On 22-01-17 17:10, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
>> On Jan 22, 2017, at 2:32 AM, Anton Lundin <glance at acc.umu.se> wrote:
>>> Shearwater we have great relationships with (ok, they still owe me a
>>> response on more details of the new BTLE communication, but hey, they
>>> already sent me a Perdix AI). We used to have a contact at Mares, but he
>>> left. Do they still produce new dive computers?
>>
>> I would love to get some feedback from them about their calibration
>> values of their O2 sensors. I've reverse-engineered a patch which
>> produces what looks to be the right values, but it would be great if
>> someone with internal knowledge about how its thought could comment on my
>> analysis.
>>
>> ( The short and curly: Shearwater stores their voted/computed/averaged
>> ppO2, and the mV from the actual sensors in each sample. They also store
>> a "calibration value" in the dive header of unknown unit. If I take that
>> * about 1000 (1024?) the average of the sensors will produce the same
>> ppO2 as they have stored in my sample data. Is that bogus math or is it
>> the right<tm> way? )
>
> Can you write this up with a bit more context and maybe the pertinent code
> sample and send it to me? I'll be happy to poke them about this.

After the discussions with Anton I tried to ask Shearwater about this (and a few
other things as well). But unfortunately my contact person no longer works at
Shearwater and I had no success in getting in touch with someone else there. A
bit bizarre, because they were very responsive before. Anyway I'll forward you
the emails with our technical questions.

Jef