update on Android and Kirigami 2

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sun Jan 22 13:02:59 PST 2017

On Sun, Jan 22, 2017 at 07:45:05PM +0100, Marco Martin wrote:

> > Any feedback / patches are welcome. I'll hack on this for another hour
> > this morning before the rest of my family wakes up.
>
> I'll see if i can give it a try over next week.

That would be lovely. I pushed new beta apps for both platforms based on
the latest master - those are back to Kirigami 1.1, though.

Based on your other email I assume that a switch to Kirigami 2 while
staying with QtQuick.Controls 1 is the way to go for us which hopefully is
far less disruptive.

My ire directed at Kirigami 2 was incorrect, I should have directed it at
QtQuick.Controls 2 - as I said, I was under the impression that one
brought with it the other.

I will say, however, that the lack of any advice along the lines of your
email on any public site (that Google was able to find for me, and trust
me, I did search) was a big part of my frustration.