Grantlee frustrations

Martin Long martin at longhome.co.uk
Mon Jan 23 14:21:38 PST 2017

> a) to assign a dive object to some variable or pointer so that I could
> reference it later when it wasn't the current subject of the for loop
> iterating through the dives.
>
> or
>
> b) reference a dive directly by it's position in the collection of dives.

What Tim says is true. b) is actually possible, but it seems only using a
coded literal. i.e. I can access dives.1.number but I can't access
dives.x.number or dives[x].number. There seems to be no way of doing that.
a) does seem to be impossible - "with" doesn't seem to be supported at all
in Grantlee.

Martin