More Grantlee trouble - pagination

Lubomir I. Ivanov neolit123 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 16:41:04 PST 2017

On 24 January 2017 at 02:10, Martin Long <martin at longhome.co.uk> wrote:
> I've seen this problem for a while, and wonder if it's me. However I have
> seen it in the supplied templates too. It also happens on both Linux and
> Windows.

i haven't seen this happen in the supplied templates, and we wouldn't
have released the Grantlee printing feature broken in such a way.
are you sure about the above, since i just tried on Windows and i
cannot reproduce the issue?

> I'm in the UK so using A4 pages, though i don't think that should matter.
>
> At the bottom of each page I start to see the next page "bleeding" in. This
> results in an offset on each page, which gradually gets worse. Until it's
> way out of whack by the end. I get the same behaviour printing to different
> printers, and also to a pdf.
>
> It seems to be completely ignoring the CSS pagination options. I'm also
> making sure I'm covering 100% height in the CSS.
>
> I've attached my specific template which reproduces the problem with my
> dives.
>
> Also attached the PDF output.
>
> (oops email too big. Files are here:)
> https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B83F8oZ9Jks9V3UtQklMbDlaQXM?usp=sharing
>
> (My template is a work in progress... I know it's pretty bad).

my suspicion is that your modified template is somehow breaking the
pagination which happens in Qt / C++ - e.g. with CSS, HTML tag
nesting.
maybe we can help more if you share it with the mailing list.

lubomir