Windows build not successful - Qt5Core.dll, Version: 5.7.1.0

Lubomir I. Ivanov neolit123 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 11:40:31 PST 2017

> Hi All,
>
> after Rick talk me into trying to learn a little bit of programming I at
> least managed to setup the right environment as a starting point: Ubuntu
> in a Virtual Box, a GitHub account,...
>
> No I setup everything for the windows build and I was able to create an
> installer. But unfortunately the application crashes under windows
> already at startup.

given it uses the DLL from the path where the EXE is, i don't see this
being a problem, but such a crash could happen if you have one Qt DLL
version in PATH and your EXE is built against a different version.

- you can check if that's a versioning issue, but that's just a shot in the dark
- download the latest, official Windows installer and compare to yours
installer, to see how it differs

i suggested on the mailing list to be able to debug Windows release
builds using this method (RelWithDebInfo):
http://lists.subsurface-divelog.org/pipermail/subsurface/2015-September/022029.html

which can improve debugging things like a 0xc0000005 on Windows.

becase then we might just know what happened at:
> Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: subsurface.exe, Version: 0.0.0.0,
> Zeitstempel: 0x588a4081

so that the DLL crashed at:
> Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: Qt5Core.dll, Version: 5.7.1.0,
> Zeitstempel: 0x5889bd76

even if we don't include debug symbols for the DLL.

lubomir