Windows build not successful - Qt5Core.dll, Version: 5.7.1.0

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sat Jan 28 07:19:04 PST 2017

> On Jan 28, 2017, at 3:07 AM, Stefan Fuchs <sfuchs at gmx.de> wrote:
>>
>> i suggested on the mailing list to be able to debug Windows release
>> builds using this method (RelWithDebInfo):
>> http://lists.subsurface-divelog.org/pipermail/subsurface/2015-September/022029.html
>>
> Comparing my installer with the official 4.6 shows that almost all files
> are slightly different. What exactly do I have to look for?

You would expect them to be slightly different as they tend to contain time
stamps - or they might be based on ever so slightly different versions of
the libraries.

> On top of that I'm still not successful to do an Debug or RelWithDebInfo
> build. What other do I have to do than calling
> mxe-based-build.sh debug installer
> ?

You did go through all the steps that are explained at the beginning of
the exe-based-build.sh file, correct? So everything is set up as on my
system?

If you switch from release to debug you need to trigger rebuilds for all
the libraries. The script doesn't remember that state. Easiest way to
do that is to touch the magic build files (like build.marble - again, read
the build script)

> Is the current MXE version from git known to work with the Subsurface
> build? Or is any specific version needed?

I don't update MXE all that often. I am building the official installer with
MXE SHA e134a7727