Windows build successful - Findings

Stefan Fuchs sfuchs at gmx.de
Sat Jan 28 13:30:26 PST 2017

Am 28.01.2017 um 22:20 schrieb Dirk Hohndel:

>> On Jan 28, 2017, at 1:15 PM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org
>> <mailto:dirk at hohndel.org>> wrote:
>>> *Now for the moment I still have one minor issue left:*
>>> - A few standard terms like "Cancel / Abbrechen", "Save / Speichern"
>>> on buttons are not translated into German in my build. In the
>>> official 4.6 they are translated.
>>> What's missing here on my side? S.th <http://s.th/>. MXE/Qt related?
>>
>> This sounds like the Qt translations aren't installed correctly. If
>> you compare the content of the translations directory between your
>> installer and the one I publish... are any files missing or vastly
>> different in size? I vaguely remember that I ran into this issue at
>> some point...
>>
>> Of course, when I looked on my build server qt_de.qml does seem
>> suspiciously small, so I wonder if the latest Subsurface installer
>> for Windows actually gets the translation of system messages right...
>
> Nope, it does not. If you go to "Einstellungen" when running
> Subsurface in German, you will see "Save" "Cancel" and "Apply" :-(
>
> Now I need to remember how I fixed this the last time I ran into that :-(

Funny, my 4.6 has everything translated. And I know why: I'm installing
into same place since years so in my installation there are the missing
files from a very old installer (dated from 2014). They seem to be
missing since a long time and still are missing in 4.6. Attached what is
missing...

If I copy this to my own 4.6.xx build it fixes the issue.

MfG
Stefan

--

Stefan Fuchs