Windows build successful - Findings

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sat Jan 28 13:33:05 PST 2017

> On Jan 28, 2017, at 1:20 PM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
>

>> On Jan 28, 2017, at 1:15 PM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org <mailto:dirk at hohndel.org>> wrote:
>>> Now for the moment I still have one minor issue left:
>>> - A few standard terms like "Cancel / Abbrechen", "Save / Speichern" on buttons are not translated into German in my build. In the official 4.6 they are translated.
>>> What's missing here on my side? S.th <http://s.th/>. MXE/Qt related?
>>
>> This sounds like the Qt translations aren't installed correctly. If you compare the content of the translations directory between your installer and the one I publish... are any files missing or vastly different in size? I vaguely remember that I ran into this issue at some point...
>>
>> Of course, when I looked on my build server qt_de.qml does seem suspiciously small, so I wonder if the latest Subsurface installer for Windows actually gets the translation of system messages right...
>
> Nope, it does not. If you go to "Einstellungen" when running Subsurface in German, you will see "Save" "Cancel" and "Apply" :-(
>
> Now I need to remember how I fixed this the last time I ran into that :-(

And to continue this conversation with myself (the only one, apparently, who likes to listen to me / talk to me)...

We used to do this in our qmake file. Yikes that's been broken for a long time and apparently no one ever complained. I, of course, run Subsurface in English, so this doesn't bother me - but clearly none of the folks using Subsurface in German over the past two years have noticed... :-)

We should either add this to the cmake magic, or maybe just manually copy the missing files in the mxe-based-build.sh

The subsurface.pro copied these additional files - not sure if that's all that's missing today (this was Qt 5.3, based on the comments)

-       qtbase_de.qm \
-       qt_fi.qm \
-       qtbase_fi.qm \
-       qtbase_hu.qm \