Windows build successful - Findings

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sun Jan 29 08:32:05 PST 2017

> On Jan 28, 2017, at 1:54 PM, Stefan Fuchs <sfuchs at gmx.de> wrote:
> I played with the different files and it seems that "qtxmlpatterns_" is needed. The last file I expected when looking at the name...
> So maybe really better add almost all those files.

Yeah, that sounds like the easiest solution.

> I really like to contribute s.th. This is why I spent all the time on this currently. But I still need some help e.g. with git and github and first of all read some documentation.
> E.g. I messed up my repository on github already by pushing things there to master which never should go into a pull request to you ;-(
> I maybe better start this from scratch and next time read the manual before starting.

There is the Contributing page on the website - leider nur auf Englisch. Translations welcome :-)
There is very similar information in the README. In both cases, if you find inconsistencies / errors, please submit fixes (OK, that sounds a bit like a chicken and egg problem...)

Then there is this page (which maybe should be mentioned in the two resources above) https://git-scm.com/book/en/v2/GitHub-Contributing-to-a-Project <https://git-scm.com/book/en/v2/GitHub-Contributing-to-a-Project>

There also have been a number of discussions on this on the mailing list which you can find in the archives.

A recent one starts with this email http://lists.subsurface-divelog.org/pipermail/subsurface/2017-January/026971.html <http://lists.subsurface-divelog.org/pipermail/subsurface/2017-January/026971.html>

But if you have specific questions, feel free to ask.