Inconsistencies: Showing planner details in dive list

Willem Ferguson willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za
Tue Jan 31 23:05:34 PST 2017

Following on previous similar correspondence, here are some comments
about importing a dive plan into the dive list and adding it to the
downloaded dive record so that one can switch between plan and
downloaded dive using left and right arrow keys. My procedure was as
follows:

1) Save the dive plan into the dive log

2) After the dive, change the date/time of the plan so that it is one
minute after that of the real dive. This shows the dive plan immediately
above the real dive in the dive list.

3) Merge the dive and the dive plan.

Using version 4.6.0-40-g75ae, two issues, a large one and a small one:

1) Attached are four images, indicating the dive as well as the plan
before and after the merge operation. The plan and the dive differ in
small details because the exact cylinder pressures and gas mixtures
measured from the cylinders just before the dive are not exactly those
specified during the planning process. In this example, the back gas was
EAN28, and not EAN29 as planned and the deco gas was EAN56, not EAN60 as
planned. The initial backgas cylinder pressure was 225 bar and nor 232
bar as planned, etc. When rendering the dive and the dive plan, there is
a curious mixture of gas composition and gas pressures between the two
profiles. For instance, the dive plan back gas is EAN28, and not EAN29
as in the before-merger plan The deco gas is EAN56 in the plan and not
EAN60 as in the before-merger plan. The starting deco gas pressure in
the plan is 210, and not 207 as in the before-merger plan. Und so weiter
und so weiter. For the downloaded dive profile, the gas mixtures are
correct, but the gas pressure data are incorrect: the backgas starts off
at 232 bars and not at 225 bars. The start and end pressures of the
EAN36 are both wrong. Also, there are small but significant differences
between the ceiling information of the downloaded dive profile before
merging with the plan and that after the merger: after merger, the
ceiling is lower.

2) The small issue: before merging, when changing the date-time of the
plan to coincide with that of the downloaded profile, the plan is always
shown first and the downloaded profile second. I would like the order to
be the other way round: the downloaded profile should be the default
view, with the plan being shown if one hits the right-arrow key. The
only way I have managed to get the right order is to make the date-time
of the plan one minute later than that of the downloaded profile. This
is what I did in this case (the dive plan is shown as profile 2 of 2)

Is this user error or does it indicate problems created by the merging
process?

Kind regards,
willem