test builds

Lubomir I. Ivanov neolit123 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 1 14:02:39 PDT 2017

On 1 July 2017 at 02:37, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
> New binaries are up for Windows, Mac, and Android.
> All the Linux bulds (OBS and Launchpad) failed. I need to look into why.
> The first one I looked into seemed to be because of a Qt version that's
> too old (and doesn't have some interfaces that we use). So I may have to
> make some of our code conditional on recent Qt versions. Oh well.
>
> I also need to find time to get the Perdix AI working on Android (hoping
> that Linus can help me with that before he gets sucked into the merge
> Window).
>
> And I need to figure out what's up with BLE on Mac.

i did some research on what's going on with BLE on Windows and it
appears that the GATT API was added in Windows 8 for the first time:
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/hh450825(v=vs.85).aspx

for older Windows people suggest communicating with BLE attached
dongles over USB (HCI ?) and a custom userspace driver:
http://bluekitchen-gmbh.com/btstack/develop/quick_start/#windows-winusb

the above company develop a library called btstack:
https://github.com/bluekitchen/btstack

licensed as:
https://github.com/bluekitchen/btstack/blob/master/src/ad_parser.c#L2

but i've tried building it and it produced no actual Windows library
files, only test executables. so i've asked some questions on their
google group.

i don't own a BLE device yet, but maybe this can provide some
directions if BLE is to be supported on Windows eventually.

lubomir