test builds

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sun Jul 2 10:31:56 PDT 2017

> On Jul 2, 2017, at 10:04 AM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
>

>> On Jul 2, 2017, at 4:25 AM, Joakim Bygdell <j.bygdell at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I managed to do some testing on my old Mac, (El Capitan, 10.11.06)
>>
>> BT download from my OSTC3 works if I do thing in a certain order.
>>
>> 1# If no cached adress exists in Subsurface start with pairing the device from the OS.
>> 2# Scan for new devices  from within Subsurface.
>> 3# Save the BT address in the DC cache.
>> 4# Download the dives.
>>
>> 1# is really important as if the DC is not paired when you tell Subsurface to scan for devices
>> download mode on the DC will time out before it is discovered.
>>
>> If a cached address already exists Subsurface will find the DC when scanning even if it is not paired to the computer.
>
> That is definitely one of the orders of execution that I've tried.
> I have the suspicion that my Petrel 2 has a hardware issue (I'm talking to Shearwater about that) - I'll try with my older Petrel.

Since only a few of us tend to be on IRC I'll repeat it here...

It does appear that I am hard on dive computers. Not only are all of my OSTC dead, apparently I somehow managed to break my Petrel 2 as well. Or at least the BT part of it. But since that was the dive computer that worked great for Android downloads on my last dive trip, I kept trying with it.

Going back to my older Petrel I was able to successfully download on my iMac using the process you outlined above. So at least now I have a starting point on the Mac. Next up will be BLE. Fun.

Thanks, Jocke.