test builds

Lubomir I. Ivanov neolit123 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 2 18:34:06 PDT 2017

On 2 July 2017 at 00:32, Linus Torvalds <torvalds at linux-foundation.org> wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 1, 2017 at 2:02 PM, Lubomir I. Ivanov <neolit123 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> i don't own a BLE device yet, but maybe this can provide some
>> directions if BLE is to be supported on Windows eventually.
>
> Qt will have support for it eventually. Apparently there's already
> something for Win-RT in 5.9, and it's supposed to be expanded to
> support desktop Win10. So I think that's coming, it's just not there
> now.

if Qt decide to not support BLE on Windows pre-10, this btstack
library might still be an option given we want to support it on older
Windows.
but i don't really know the demand for BLE on Windows, so this might
be overkill.

here is the response i got from one of the developers:
--------------------------------------
Yes, you can use BTstack on all Windows versions with an Bluetooth
Controller (module) connected via (virtual) serial port and with most
Windows versions (I think some from XP and later) to use an USB
Bluetooth Dongle.

Zadig does not provide a special WinUSB driver. It is only a hack to
stop Windows from taking control over the USB Bluetooth you want to
use with BTstack.

Because BTstack directly talks to the Bluetooth controller, it doesn't
care for the Windows Bluetooth APIs. For USB, it only needs the WinUSB
driver to talk to the hardware.

Please see http://bluekitchen-gmbh.com/btstack/develop/integration/
about how it can be used with a single or multiple apps:

If you want to use BTstack with a single app/process on Windows, you
can just add necessary source files to your main app project. You
could also create a .dll or an .ar library if you like. The API is
provided in the .h files. Just have a look at the examples and at the
BTstack documentation.

If you need to use BTstack with more apps/processes, it gets a bit
more complex, but there's also the Client/Server version in
port/daemon. AFAIK, it does not support WinUSB, but it's not hard to
add it to the configure.ac.

Hope this guides you into the right direction