OSTC over BLE experiences and questions

Jan Mulder jlmulder at xs4all.nl
Tue Jul 4 05:02:00 PDT 2017

I have been trying to implement the connection over BLE to an OSTC
device (in my case an OSTC3 with the Telit/Stollmann BT/BLE hardware).
 From the current status, I constructed a pull request for Subsurface
(https://github.com/Subsurface-divelog/subsurface/pull/466).

Basically, I'm stuck at the current point. The download over BLE works
perfect for a short period, in which the following sequence of commands
are issued:

- 0xBB: init the OSTC3 in Download mode

- 0x60: hardware and Features

- 0x69: version/identity

- 0x6D: send compact headers (4Kb data)

So, far so good. All this data is correctly received and processed on
the Subsurface/libdc side.

- 0x66: send one dive including profile, for index 0x86

This results in correct reception of the header (256 bytes), followed by
some samples (in total 624 bytes) so a very small fraction of the
selected approx 1 hour dive, that results in approx 20kb).

And then is just stops, until a timeout is hit. No bluez errors (testing
this on Arch Linux, with bluez BT stack), no weird packets in the
snooped BT traffic (file available for analysis if needed), noting
relevant in the journal/systemd logging, no kernel messages).

So it seems that the OSTC3 just stops sending. So my question for
Matthias ... any idea what is going on here?

regards,

--jan