OSTC over BLE experiences and questions

Jan Mulder jlmulder at xs4all.nl
Tue Jul 4 06:23:49 PDT 2017

Hi Matthias,

On 04-07-17 15:09, Matthias Heinrichs wrote:

> Do you get the ending 0x4D Byte as the last byte? Then it's possible
> that the dive isn't stored correctly ("Internal pointer to the begin of
> the profile data" and "Internal pointer to the end of the profile data"
> are not correct). The OSTC uses the Bluetooth modules hardware handshake
> lines to avoid overfilling the internal buffer but that does not skip
> any bytes. I can't see a way that the OSTC just stops sending data
> without being stuck completely (Timeout can only happen in the Bluetooth
> idle loop) afterwards.
>
> Please email me the raw data and I'll have a look here.

BT snoop file (made with btmon) is attached. Wireshark is your friend :-)

And no, the last byte is not the end 0x4D byte. I did not check the
internal pointers, but I did check the length of the profile data and
that looks a correct value for this dive (if I remember correctly,
almost 19000 bytes).

In addition, I interfaced this same dive correctly over classic BT, and
on the OSTC3 itself it shows correctly, so the internal loglook seems
just fine.

And also from me a huge thanks for the support you and the company are
giving to Subsurface.

regards,

--jan