Android BT/BLE with Petrel 2

Jan Mulder jlmulder at xs4all.nl
Tue Jul 4 06:44:09 PDT 2017

On 04-07-17 15:31, Dirk Hohndel wrote:

>> On Jul 4, 2017, at 12:29 AM, Rick Walsh <rickmwalsh at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I tried to download dives from my Shearwater Petrel 2 to my phone (Samsung Galaxy S7) with the latest daily Android build, 4.6.4.333-arm.  With previous builds, download was working correctly with standard Bluetooth.  Now Subsurface-mobile is now trying to connect using BLE, but failing to connect.  The dive computer screen continues with the waiting for PC countdown the entire time.
>>
>> I tried first by selecting Vendor: Paired Bluetooth, DC: Petrel (LE:00:13....)

More in general, I have seen weird things related to BT/BLE switching.
For example, my OSTC3 paired as a type 1 (classic), type 2 (ble only),
and type 3 (bt and ble). This all just on OS (Android) level. Re-pairing
solved it most of the time (as it is definitely a type 3).

@Rick, in the app log, there is in de beginning some debug data printed
about found paired devices. If that reports a wrong type, things will
get confusing.

--jan