Android: crash on deleting dives

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Tue Jul 4 07:43:19 PDT 2017

> On Jul 4, 2017, at 12:18 AM, Rick Walsh <rickmwalsh at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Testing the latest daily Subsurface-mobile Android build, 4.6.4.333, I get a crash sometimes when deleting a dive.  It may be a coincidence, but it only appears to crash when deleting a dive that is not the most recent.  Below is the output from 'adb logcat | grep -i subsurface', where I opened Subsurface-mobile and successfully deleted some dives, before crashing on the fourth or fifth.  I first noticed this problem a week or so ago, so this does not appear to be caused by one of the most recent changes.

We've seen this on and off and if I was able to reproduce it reliably I'd love to fix it... really.

I just spent about ten minutes on my phone with test data, randomly deleting dives, undo-ing the deletes, doing more deletes. Can't make it crash.

Quick question: do you use the delete on the action button in the dive details view, or do you use the tap-and-hold delete from the dive list?