OSTC over BLE experiences and questions

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Tue Jul 4 11:30:32 PDT 2017

On Tue, Jul 4, 2017 at 10:04 AM, Jan Mulder <jlmulder at xs4all.nl> wrote:

> :-) What I can add to my use case ... even the communication stops, the
> "download mode enabled" stays on on the OSTC3.

Looking at the dump, I think this is a flow control issue with that
"rx/tx credit" thing.

In particular, I think - if I read that dump correctly - that in
packet 90 you set that receive credit to the max by writing one byte
of 255 to handle 18.

And I didn't count the exact number of Handle Value Notification
packets you get on the handle 0x0f, but it's definitely in the ~250
packet range (starts at packet 131, ends at packet 395, with roughly a
dozen packets that we send in between.

If it's not exactly 255 packets, it's something very close.

So I think you may need to write that credit thing every once in a while..

                      Linus