OSTC over BLE experiences and questions

Jan Mulder jlmulder at xs4all.nl
Wed Jul 5 11:01:25 PDT 2017

On 05-07-17 18:23, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 5, 2017 at 8:57 AM, Matthias Heinrichs
> <matthias.heinrichs at heinrichsweikamp.com> wrote:
>>
>> Theoretically, this should happen through the flow control lines from the
>> Bluetooth Chipset to our applications processor. When using BLE (Due to the
>> much lower end-to-end baud rate), the flow control already is very active
>> and controlling the bytes from the OSTC to the Bluetooth chipset. When
>> looking at the snoop file, it shouldn't hurt to reset this credit counter
>> from time to time to 255. Or try a higher number like 65536? Specification
>> says 255 but have you tried higher values?
>
> It says it's only a single byte, so 255 is the max..
>
>                   Linus

I made some progress by sending new credits, but it seems a bit more
complex that just sending a new 255 credits from time to time, but I'm
sure it going to work. I already had about 800 packets incoming during
my testing, but things seems very fragile. So too much WIP to push
anything out.

This all said, I really appreciate that you (Matthias and Linus) give
input to this subject.

--jan