latest Windows binary crashes

Lubomir I. Ivanov neolit123 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 5 14:20:56 PDT 2017

On 5 July 2017 at 01:22, Lubomir I. Ivanov <neolit123 at gmail.com> wrote:
> here is an animated gif of it in action -> extract the gif from the
> zip file and drag & drop it in a browser to view it.
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/oinkj5jjvjaf3yy/WebKitGoogleMapsAnimatedGifPreview.zip?dl=0
>
> this is the source code:
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/e9fbgcbjd8zyk3s/WebKitGoogleMapsSrc.zip?dl=0
>
> to build:
> extract the source zip in ~/<somepath>
> cd ~/<somepath>
> qmake
> make
>
> the binary needs "libeay", "libssl", "ssleay" the same way the current
> webkit in subsurface needs them.
>
> random notes:

i would like to point out that i've noticed something else about the
google maps inside this latest QWebKit.
there are many threads online about the issue of google map tiles not
updating while the user is dragging the map or while the map is
animating towards a new spot.
this seems to be the case here as well, but none of the suggested
fixes online seem to fix it.

for me this doesn't seem like a big showstopper, but it's best if
others test the demo app too.
in the meantime i can try contacting the google maps devs to see if
they have an easy solution.

lubomir