Android beta...

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Thu Jul 6 10:33:50 PDT 2017

Thanks to outstanding work by Linus, UI work by Tomaz, and great support
from Alex Blasche from the Qt team, I think we are fairly close to being
able to launch a strong beta of Subsurface-mobile 2.0 on Android.

http://subsurface-divelog.org/downloads/test/Subsurface-mobile-4.6.4.350-arm.apk

With one patch added on top of Qt 5.9.1 for Android I can now successfully
download from a Suunto EON Steel, a Shearwater Petrel but most importantly
from a Shearwater Perdix AI. I also have several reports that the Scubapro
G2 appears to work.

Here's what's on my todo list before I'm ready to push this to Google
Play for broader testing

- Petrel AI tank pressure reading (I keep forgetting to add that - I
  believe I have all the information I need, just haven't found the time
  to do it)

- Better download icon - Davide generously arranged for a designer to
  create a really cool icon for that, I want to switch this out before we
  release this (sorry, this of course affects screen shots)

- User manual - I know that Willem has started working on that, I need to
  confirm what his latest version is, possibly get the screen shots
  updated (but that can wait until final)

If we get the OSTC BLE support in, that would be nice, it would be good to
get confirmation that the BT based OSTC support is still working (please
use the binary that I created to confirm that so we are sure there aren't
any discrepancies with your build environment).

Are there any other BT divecomputers that work and that I'm just not aware
of?

What else am I missing?