Android beta...

Rick Walsh rickmwalsh at gmail.com
Thu Jul 6 12:04:36 PDT 2017

Hi Dirk,

On 7 Jul. 2017 5:34 am, "Dirk Hohndel" <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:

Thanks to outstanding work by Linus, UI work by Tomaz, and great support
from Alex Blasche from the Qt team, I think we are fairly close to being
able to launch a strong beta of Subsurface-mobile 2.0 on Android.

http://subsurface-divelog.org/downloads/test/Subsurface-
mobile-4.6.4.350-arm.apk

With one patch added on top of Qt 5.9.1 for Android I can now successfully
download from a Suunto EON Steel, a Shearwater Petrel but most importantly
from a Shearwater Perdix AI. I also have several reports that the Scubapro
G2 appears to work.

I think this release will make a lot of people happy.

I justed tested downloading from my Petrel 2 to Galaxy s7 with the .350
binary. Paired devices shows both the LE and non-LE address. Download with
the non-LE address selected works :). So does download when selected as
Shearwater->Petrel 2 (or Petrel), which is also non-LE.

So long as LE works for the LE-only devices, it doesn't matter that it
doesn't work with a Petrel 2.

Cheers,

Rick